Eagle Scout Projects

I love Eagle Scout projects. I like them for a lot of reasons, but primarily because it's hilarious watching a 16-year old try and organize a project. It's a good experience for him, but after a while, things need to get done so the dad kind of takes over.

We built a dock for a small pond out at a campground. It was pretty well organized except we kept running out of battery power for the drills. It was a really nice day--quite different than when I did my Eagle Scout project, so many years ago, when it was pouring down rain the whole time. I think rain builds character.

In other awesomeness, my daughter has a cold sore just above her lip that she kept worrying over, and so it started to bleed this evening. She needed a band-aid. So now, she has a mustache, and looks kind of like Charlie Chaplin. She didn't think it was funny but we did.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Met the Governor of Oregon

A Father's and Son's Campout