Trunk or Treat

So, I'm not much of a Halloween fan. I recollect at about the age of twelve finding an old sweater that had a red maple leaf on it and pretending I was a hockey player...in jeans...and a sweatshirt with no real connection to hockey other than I think it said Canada on it, and Canadians like hockey--right? Kind of sad really. It's gone downhill from there.

Tonight we had the ward harvest party, which was more a chance for a bunch of kids to dress up and rotate between the cars in the parking lot where we can be pretty sure there aren't razor blades and weirdos ready to pounce. I'm in favor of good, safe activities. I think about the fourth time a kid comes round to my car though I'm a little done.

*Reminds himself this is supposed to be a positive blog*

The awesome thing tonight was that my daughter won the costume contest, along with a number of other kids. She was cotton candy. I have to say, it was a pretty cool costume. My wife took fuzz, sort of like the stuff you would put inside a couch cushion or pillow, and sprayed glue on a shirt and stuck the fuzz on it. She also spray painted it pink. It was pretty cool. The two gentlemen judging the contest weren't sure what she was. They announced her as the little girl in the pink poofy costume. They thought she might be a luffa, or a pink cloud. Good guesses.

I think the best part though was I had to walk along behind her and pick up all the balls of fuzz she left behind as they fell off her costume. I guess cotton candy does that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Met the Governor of Oregon

A Father's and Son's Campout