A Weekend With the Kids

My wife was out of town ferrying a niece off to college and I had the kids for several days, by myself. I'm moderately proud of myself. They were alive, fed, sort of washed, and the house wasn't burned down or looked like a tornado had blown through when she got back. I'm even more proud because my daughter got sick on Friday with a stomach flu bug. I hate throw-up. I'm sure everyone does. From 5PM to about 12:30AM, she did battle with the bug valiantly until she came off conqueror and both of us were able to sleep.

My son finally began today. I gotta say, he's a trooper. He doesn't complain. He gets in there, gets it done, and waits for the next time. I went in there to do a bowl change-out, just as he was completing another round. He finished, gave me a thumbs-up, and lay back down. Trooper. Both of them were.

So, while the stomach flu is no fun and certainly not awesome, I have to say that my kids acquitted themselves well, even awesomely.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Met the Governor of Oregon

A Father's and Son's Campout