The Perfect Succession Plan

I'm sure there are no shortages of commentary about the announcement of a reorganized First Presidency. Of no particular import, but interesting I suppose, I have shaken the hand of each member of the First Presidency. I believe that to be the first time I have been able to say that.

I shook Pres. Oaks's hand when I was twelve or so, at a stake conference in Seattle. He was walking up the aisle to get to the rostrum and I stuck out my hand before he walked past. I think I startled him.

I shook Pres. Eyring's hand on my mission, when he visited on a tour of South Korea. He spent time with us and taught us about loving as the Savior did.

I shook Pres. Nelson's hand much more recently when he visited my stake here in Oregon. He taught us about the Book of Mormon, and found to his delight that his new pair of scriptures said and worked much the same his previous set had.

My testimony now is the same as it was then, these are men called of God and are disciples of Jesus Christ. I have always taken comfort in the undeniable assurance I've had that I'm following men who do the right things and teach the right principles. It is a comfort and a blessing to know I don't have to worry about politicking or personal agendas amongst the leadership of my church. I take comfort in being able to study and follow the example of a single man, and look to him as the mouthpiece of the Lord here on the earth today. That man is now President Russell M. Nelson, and he is a prophet.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Met the Governor of Oregon

A Father's and Son's Campout