Moving

I've had the opportunity to move a lot of people in and out of their homes. I actually really enjoy moving furniture, minus pianos and washers. Dryers are pretty light, they're alright. I've been involved in many different kinds of moves--you know, the ones where someone isn't ready and all their stuff isn't packed yet, and then the really good ones where everything is in similarly-sized boxes.

I don't get a lot of exercise so I suppose that's one reason I like moving. I get to feel manly and sweat a little. I like it when a group of people get together and in a quick fit of industriousness you fill up or unload a big truck of stuff. Like today, we got my in-law's stuff moved into their new home. Another family and us got all the things unloaded with the objective being to fit it all in a garage bay.

This brings me to what I think is awesome about moving: the Tetris aspect of it. Maximizing space is awesome. There is a moment when you find the perfect box to fit in the perfect spot and everything feels a little better. You feel a bit cleverer. Fitting an entire house worth of stuff in a medium-sized U-Haul, or a garage bay, makes you feel like a genius.

Now the best part, the absolute best thing I love about a move, is walking away without having to do the unpacking. That's awesome.

Comments

  1. So true! I love moving for that reason. I also love moving because I always get rid of junk I don't need in the process.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Met the Governor of Oregon

A Father's and Son's Campout