Good Meetings

We had Priesthood Leadership training tonight and even though I was part of those presenters, it was still a good meeting. We have good people here. I've been fortunate to interact with good people in many places and that's one thing I really like about the Church and the different places we've lived.

Tonight's training was on self-reliance, welfare, and more importantly, and underlying re-emphasis on the vital importance of charity. No service we give will have any real effect or benefit if it was done out of duty. It absolutely has to be done because we love the Lord and been found worthy to carry His love to others. When we do that, awesomeness ensues.

There is much that is good in this world, and we have the option, despite whatever darkness or depression we face, to add more goodness. I'm pretty sure I won't be out there tomorrow, saving lives, righting every wrong, or solving every ill, but I do know that I can smile, be friendly, be giving with my time and meager talents.

I'm glad there are good examples of that in many organizations, but I got to see many tonight, and that's one of the best benefits of meeting with others.

Good meetings are awesome.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rain is Awesome

I Met the Governor of Oregon