Thanksgiving

There are many awesome things about Thanksgiving. I"m grateful for many things--my family, my extended family, good food, all the things that we enjoy in our world today, lots of things. A few standouts from the day yesterday though were:

1. Playing ping pong with six people around a ping pong table. In around the world people are constantly rotating (read: running, leaping, diving) around the table as the ball is hit back and forth. Volleys are rare and most of the time the ball is flying off in some distant corner of the barn we played in. Apparently, my nieces and nephews know virtually every song on the radio.

2. Rich man poor man. A card game that goes by many names. Scum, Butt-man are a few of the others I've heard. Most of the names explain the fundamental premise of the game that there is a rich man and someone who is not. The game yesterday was good, lots of rags to riches stories and vice versa.

3. The kids didn't fall to pieces when we left.

All in all, an awesome day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Met the Governor of Oregon

A Father's and Son's Campout