Good People

I have a responsibility in my local church congregation to lead a group of men. Ours is a mission of service, to each other and to our community. As a leader, I periodically get to sit down and have check-in interviews with them.

My daily slice of awesome today has been the opportunity to have a short chat with two fine friends who love the Lord, love their families, and their communities in which they work and serve. It's an honor to be a small part of their lives and watch their efforts.

Being a leader isn't always fun--most of the time it really isn't, but there are things you get to see and participate in that are always unique.

Tonight has been a highlight, and I salute those who serve without question, price, or recognition. There is a lot of misfortune in the world, and those who try and help lift a burden are the best of us. Sometimes the best are those just willing to smile when it's raining.

So, have a daily slice of awesome and smile at someone else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Met the Governor of Oregon

A Father's and Son's Campout