Perfect Sunsets

I'm sure perfect sunsets can come in a lot of different hues, shapes, and places. They probably are different to different people. I saw one tonight though heading out of Salem towards Silverton. You get out of the city (not that Salem is much of a city) and into rolling farmland as you head towards the cascade foothills. Out in the distance, snow-capped Mt. Hood is illuminated in oranges and purples as the sun sets behind the opposite Coast Range.

It was pretty cool. As it got a little darker, a perfect Cheshire-cat crescent moon was prominent in the sky. I had to do the same drive twice so the second time the sunset had become full night and when you're out in the middle of nowhere the stars are pretty cool.

Those moments when you can just drive through fields of gold are amazing. I'll bet there are a lot of other places that are specially illuminated by a good sunset. The Oregon countryside is especially awesome though. I wish I had snapped a photo but I was driving and Oregon has a new law where if a cop sees you with a cell phone in your hand, they can pull you over and give you a $1000 ticket. Ouch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Met the Governor of Oregon

A Father's and Son's Campout