Halloween Bears Mentioning

So, I still don't like Halloween. That said, I did enjoy watching the kids survey their bounty. We live in a pretty good neighborhood for trick-or-treating. Some people were giving out full-sized bags of Skittles. That's crazy!

I think the best part was watching them pour out their loot, count it, sort it, stack it, organize it again, put it into various containers, and then begin swapping candy. It reminds me of what my brother used to do with his candy. The little punk hoarded it and then extracted money from the rest of us when we'd eaten all of ours. He probably made quite a bit of money off of me. Somehow, I shall have the last laugh!

My son must have decided at some point a hand-crafted satchel wasn't good enough to hold his candy treasure, and found one of those plastic bins you can affix a lid to and put it in there. Now he carries it around like a briefcase.

I don't get into Halloween myself, but watching the kids has been pretty awesome. So here's to the neighborhood, thanks for unloading an absolutely astounding amount of sugar on my kids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rain is Awesome

I Met the Governor of Oregon