Itsy Bitsy Spider

I was sitting in my office, which happens to be a converted closet space down on the first floor of the facility, staring out my window (hey, it's got a window!), when I noticed how many spiders had taken up residence in the corners. There were like, seven or something. Maybe nine. Too many. Currently, we have an agreement: they stay outside, and I don't get out the boot. It's worked out so far.

Anyway, as I was watching, a mosquito-looking bug flew into the web and wow, I've never seen an arachnid so interested in lunch. A spider shot across its web and snatched that bug. I think he played with it for a while too before he wrapped it up and devoured it. I'm so glad that I am a human and not a fly. I'm glad the spider was outside, and not eating in my office.

I know there are bigger spiders out in the world but the ones on my window are big enough. I don't like them, but I have to say, it's awesome to watch one shoot across a web and capture a meal. Webs look so delicate, but are oh so deadly traps for the unaware.

Here's to you, spider no. seven or eight, glad you got a good meal today, and provided a few minutes-relief for me from the foot-thick stack of old documents I had to go through today to try and find some clarity to a maddening contract provision.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rain is Awesome

I Met the Governor of Oregon