Student Loans

We did it.

My wife shared her experience when we got married that she'd been flush with cash and then sunk it all on my loans when I finished law school. That's true. I like to think it was a pretty good investment, even if it's now only starting to give a good return.

We paid off the last loan this week. I guess I should thank the government for having programs in place to help students cope with the astronomical costs of little pieces of paper that say I worked really hard in school. But still, take that, government! I don't owe you anything more than the similarly astronomical taxes I owe every year. Wait. That's not as awesome. Well, I guess I owe the government a little less.

We went to Red Robin in celebration. I think the kids like the balloons more than the food, but I enjoyed that burger.

Now it's time for the house....and the car....and.....sigh. Still, eleven years of work has paid off, literally. Getting out of debt is awesome.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Met the Governor of Oregon

A Father's and Son's Campout